The ECSCW 2017 Doctoral Colloquium provides an opportunity for doctoral students to discuss their research in an international forum under the guidance of a panel of experienced CSCW researchers. The Doctoral Colloquium will be held on Tuesday August 29 2017 as part of the 15th European Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Sheffield, UK.
We invite students who are working in the broad field of CSCW to apply. The strongest candidates will be those students who have a well-established research proposal and have made some progress towards it, but still have time to benefit from advice and feedback by peers and senior colleagues. Selected candidates will be asked to give short, informal presentations during the Colloquium. These will be followed by extensive group discussion in a friendly and constructive workshop.
Students accepted for the ECSCW 2017 Doctoral Colloquium will also have the opportunity to attend free of charge a one-day program of three Masterclasses on CSCW concepts, methods and challenges delivered by senior researchers and taking place on Monday, 28th of August.
To apply, the following two components need to be submitted.
- Application, submitted by the student, that includes:
- A 4-page overview of your doctoral research, stating your research questions, methodological approach, work/findings to date, next steps, and expected contributions.
- A short (2-3 paragraph) biography.
- A paragraph stating what you hope/expect to gain from attending the ECSCW 2017 Doctoral Colloquium.
- A supporting letter, emailed directly from the lead supervisor.
- This should indicate that they support your application to the ECSCW 2017 Doctoral Colloquium and that they agree that your research is at an appropriate stage for participation. It should also indicate how you and other students might benefit from your participation in the colloquium.
All files should be submitted via email to <geraldine dot fitzpatrick at tuwien dot ac dot at> and <jesper at cs dot aau dot dk>. Please label the file with the student surname first.
Submission Deadline: 26 May 2017 (5:00pm PDT)
Notification Date: 23 June 2017
Doctoral Colloquium: Tue 29 August 2017
Doctoral Colloquium Chairs
Geraldine Fitzpatrick, TU Wien (Austria)
Jesper Kjeldskov, Aalborg University (Denmark)