We are excited to announce the Panels venue at ECSCW 2017.
The Panels venue is dedicated to discuss, inspire, explore, and provoke ECSCW2017 attendees with emerging and engaging new topics, which can push CSCW research in new directions. Panels are a unique opportunity to get a diverse set of experts on stage at the same time offering opposing viewpoints, positions, and backgrounds.
Ideal Panel proposals will have 3-4 participants, who represent a diversity of ideas and approaches related to a given topic. Topics should be novel, lively or controversial, inspiring the audience to respond and further elaborate on ideas. Panels should be facilitated by a strong moderator, who will guide both the conversation in a timely and focused manner and the audience in expressing their opinions. In addition, we encourage Panel organizers to think innovatively and creatively about how they will facilitate audience interaction in the discussions.
Accepted Panels will be asked to revise their proposal for publication in the ECSCW/EUSSET Digital Library http://www.eusset.eu/digital-library/
We are very much looking forward to seeing your proposals, and should you have any questions feel free to contact us on email to firstname.lastname@example.org
While the ECSCW research agenda might have roots geographically in Europe, ECSCW research is not limited geographically. Therefore, we invite proposals from all over the globe and encourage organizers to include diversity of genders, experiences, nationalities, languages, race, and ethnicity in their panels. Competitive proposals will include:
- Topics that are likely to evoke lively debates among ECSCW attendees
- Diverse set of panelists, each with their own unique perspective on the topic
- Well-structured session plan emphasizing audience interaction (e.g. structured in terms of questions for panelists and audience)
- Content that could not have been put together in a single paper (we do not want a series of short papers)
- Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
- Template: https://ecscw2017.org.uk/papers-and-exploratory-papers/
- Submission: 2-4 pages formatted according to the template
- Submissions are not anonymous and should include all authors names, affiliations, and contact information
- Submitted Panel proposal will be curated by the panel chairs.
- Accepted Panels will be asked to revise their proposal for publication Open Access in the ECSCW/EUSSET Digital Library http://www.eusset.eu/digital-library/
EXTENDED DEADLINE: 5th of May 2017 Submission deadline: April 15 2017
- Notification deadline: May 15th 2017
- Camera-ready deadline: June 1st 2017
Pernille Bjørn (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
Wayne Lutters (University of Maryland Baltimore County, United States)
ECSCW2017 Panel chairs